Pixel Perfect Softworks in Pensacola, Florida - Love PPS and Lawrenc Jernigan

4.9

I know that there are a few bad reviews about the company, and Lawrence, and I can understand that each person has a different experience, a different expectation. My experience with Lawrence was very positive and I didn't have any real issues.

I went to him for a pretty complex website for selling a mattress and after a lot of revisions (blame those on me and my indecision) and after a lot of back and forth calls, Skype's, emails, etc.

we finally finished the site.

And I'm extremely happy. Lawrence was always available to talk and he always returned calls, emails, texts, Skype's

• Lawrence Jernigan is a conman
Pros
Lawrence jernigan, Great service, Prompt communication
Good quality
Review #951047 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer951047.

Pixel Perfect Softworks in Pensacola, Florida - Horrible Experience with PPS

I contacted Lawrence Jernigan to build a Web Based Application for my fitness business. After singing a Non-Disclosure Agreement and showing him my project details, he told me over the phone that he was the man for the job and promised that I would be a very happy customer. He Quoted me $5200 for the project and I paid 35% upfront to him right away.

After conducting business with Lawrence for the past 3 months this is what I have come across:

He asks for payments every Friday, even if the the work is incomplete.

Misses dead lines often.

There is a huge lack of progress between phases and steps and the poor response to my feedback.

He never asks questions regarding my project. Every single time I was assured he understood the material and would contact me if anything came up.

Just looking at the coding, the quality of the work does not match up with what was promised. I have spoken to MULTIPLE web designers and have been assured that the product I have been given by Pixel Perfect Softworks, is unprofessional and substandard given the length of time Lawrence had to work on the project and the amount of money spent.

Lastly he lied about who was doing the work. He outsourced my project and leaked information about my formulas and methods to people in India while pretending he had his hand in the code. Even after signing a NDA.

I was promised a lot, I was patient, and I was taken advantage of. Now I am left with an unsatisfactory product and I'm out of a lot of money, time, and energy. I will be taking legal action for breaking NDA and dishonesty. Lawrence promised if I was not happy he would give me a full refund. I have yet to receive this.

[Monday, April 18, 2016 1:35 PM] Lawrence Jernigan: I'll refund your money if u aren't happy.

BEWARE! I'm not the only one out there that has had problems with PPS, a simple google search will get you more answers.

lawrencejernigan

Austin,

I am sorry that you are unhappy but you haven't given me a chance to work to make you happy. You hired me to work on an existing site, get the calculator working and fix a few other things.

The calculator wouldn't work within that site so YOU agreed to pay more to start site from scratch. At that point is when I told you if you weren't happy I'd refund you. But then you got happy when you saw the new site design, when you saw progress made on the calculator. A refund of the monies received wasn't applicable because I had been working for close to 2 months but most of that work was done on a defunct site, then design work.

I deserve to be paid for the service I did provide. We were on the last phase using YOUR DESIGN for the calculator. Then you say that you don't like that design. It is YOUR DESIGN.

I needed more test cases to make sure the calculations are correct, you wouldn't provide them.

more than likely you ran out of money and that's why you halted the project. I did everything in my power to work with what YOU PROVIDED with very little assistance from you.

austinjayford
@lawrencejernigan

"I did everything in my power to work with what YOU PROVIDED with very little assistance from you."

We provided a ton of assistance. We even asked you several times over the phone and Skype if you had any questions.

Here is one example.

Again your lying.

[6/1/2016 8:16:40 AM] DesignCake Studios: You have some questions to ask?

[6/1/2016 8:17:08 AM] Lawrence Jernigan: nope

[6/1/2016 8:17:27 AM] DesignCake Studios: Great, anything comes up let us know.

[6/1/2016 8:17:38 AM] Lawrence Jernigan: I will

View more comments (1)
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #865783 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avoid Lawrence Jernigan and Pixel Perfect Softworks

I had a similar experience with this company and urge everyone to avoid doing business with Pixel Perfect Softworks. The work is not done by the owner, who claims to be doing the work, but rather is outsourced to freelance workers in India for a fraction of the price you are paying Lawrence.

In fact, I question whether Lawrence is a programmer at all. I think he is simply a salesman (conman is a better word). You might as well eliminate the middleman and hire someone through elance.com.

I ended up paying much more than $750 and never got any of my money back. I just wish I had seen these reports before I gave Lawrence my business.

Woodland Hills, California
Poor customer service
Review #731375 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer731375.

Pixel Perfect Softworks in Boston, Massachusetts - Lawrence Delivered Perfectly and On Time

5.0

I’m a programmer but came to Lawrence with a very challenging problem. Specifically, we had to use AJAX, jquery and json in order to go through a database change information based on user responses and then allow the user to request certain data and output without refreshing the page.

I spend many hours reviewing all available literature on StackExchange and everywhere else and tried numerous solutions and tweaks but could not get it to work.

When I called Lawrence, I got him on the phone immediately. This was a good sign.

Lawrence promised that he could get the project done by morning of the next day.

Communication was efficient and exceptional. We got on skype where we talked face-to-face and then I showed him my screen to show him visually what needed to be done. When I had to clarify things or provide more info Lawrence texted and called me. This kept his work on track.

Lawrence delivered the next morning working perfectly and on time. This wasn’t just formatting, he got through coding logic and outputting seamlessly.

Boston, Massachusetts
  • Coding
  • Php Development
  • Php
Good customer service
Review #700607 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Resolved

Resolved: Pixel Perfect Softworks - Website Design Review from Genoa City, Wisconsin

I am disappointed so much ... Lawrence worker Rhonda should check descriptions for my products on my online store she said she did ...and just find out she didnt i start checking my store myself and i found so many mistakes in descriptions and now i have to correct them all so my costumers wont see that because of that i can loose my costumers.

I will fight for half of my money and open a case in pay pay .. do not recommend them at all !!!

lawrencejernigan

As owner of the company, Lawrence Jernigan, I am responding and saying that this review is unfounded. My worker Rhonda did exactly as I requested her to.

She reviewed all the product descriptions that had been added to site by site owner and she corrected all spelling and grammatical issues. The issue that this reviewer has described is incorrect but I know it's how she sees it happening.

She did NOT upload product descriptions for all products until AFTER the project was completed and then she went into her site builder HERSELF and made changes to the formatting and settings which removed ALL the updates we had done so when she called complaining I had to redo all that work but at that point I couldn't make her happy no matter what I did.

A refund was issued just to shut her up as I couldn't stand the sound of her voice any more and she wouldn't listen to reason and no matter what I did outside of the original scope of the project would make her happy.

Genoa City, Wisconsin
Poor customer service
Review #586629 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Pixel Perfect Softworks - CLIENT BEWARE of Crooks and Liars

Lawrence Jernigan (owner of Pixel Perfect Softworks) took my money and never fulfilled our agreement. I paid him $ 750.00 upfront to build my website and I would have owed him another $ 750.00 when the site would be finished.

I showed him a similar website on the internet and agreed to build me one "just like it" !!!

after 2 weeks he delivered a site that was below expectations and didn't look anything like the one he agreed to build. he never refunded my money yet but I just opened a claim with paypal and hopefully I can recover my money from him !

Don't get suckered in by this conman !

PixelPerfectSoftworks

This is Lawrence Jernigan of Pixel Perfect Softworks and I'm responding to the review by nnoble80 (Nathan Noble of word2mouth.com)

First of all, you paid me $200 to build a CSV upload tool on your EXISTING WEBSITE (that I did not build)

I did the work but because of your ignorance of the technology of your website you thought I would be doing something more than just the upload feature.

Your site code was encrypted so I COULDN'T DO THE WORK without your website company giving me the files and they wouldn't do that.

Anyone who reads this, please know that this client is a liar, 1st about the amount paid and 2nd about the actual work I did for him.

• Pixel Perfect Softworks ripped me
  • Lawrence Jernigan is a conman
Loss
Review #350017 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Pixel Perfect Softworks is Awesome!!

I needed a website and I contacted Pixel Perfect Softworks, I spoke with the lead developer and owner Lawrence Jernigan and he was great. He was knowledgeable, funny and he had a website built for me with 72 hrs of me contacting him.

He accounted for every hour he spent and he kept me appraised of progress throughout the process. I had a url within 12 hrs to check every couple hours to see the progress.

Even when I needed changes PPS was right there and got the changes done quickly. I will use PPS again and will recommend them to everyone I know.

I found Pixel Perfect Softworks online . At first i thought i found some i can trust.

THhey did nice banner and logo for me but their worker Rhona should check all descriptions about my products and she didnt ! No im sitting and making corrections myself. !!! Spend my last money and have to work on my own !!!!

I asked them for some refund but there is not a chance they think they did their job ! Lawrence did but not Rhonda !

I do not recommend them !!!!!!!!!!!

Ps.5 star reviews about them its a lie !!

We're a design and development company that outsources some of our database and programming work. We just finished our first job working in partnership with Lawrence at Pixel Perfect Softworks.

Lawrence was very fair with his pricing and managed to work with us in a way that would fit into the existing budget we had for this job. He returned our call quite promptly, and employs an online payment system on his site that allowed us to easily transfer funds and get the job rolling.

Lawrence's best quality was that he was extremely easy to reach and he was responsive throughout the job. At most hours of the day, he was there if we needed to discuss issues with him, and he always promptly responded to inquiries.

He also demonstrated a concern for doing the job well and making sure the parties involved (us and our client) were happy with the work. When problems and glitches did arise with the work, as is wont with any programming job, Lawrence stood by his work and was willing to re-tool stuff until the job was right.

Our job was done in PHP, and it was based on work that was done by other programmers using the Smarty tempting system. Although he had expressed to me that his preference is not to work with Smarty, Lawrence was able to pick up the work that was done previously and work with it just the same.

the comment placed by ModelCitizen is totally off base.

PPS tried everything we could to make this client happy. She insisted she could design the site better than I could and everything I tried she hated. She wasn't going to be happy no matter what.

PPS does legally exist in the state of Florida, anyone can check public record.

Signed: Pixel Perfect Softworks

haha I think the above comment Lawrence posted himself! I paid a lot of money for my website and it's been almost 2 months and I got NOTHING.

He keeps giving my URLs that are not website pages but simply uploaded pictures of my own design.

He's a crook! And this company doesn't even legally exist!

@ModelCitizen

Everything on PPS page is a farce. Do a background check on LJ himself.

He has ripped off more people than you care to know about! He has no degree and is a meth/crack head.

His is a forty four plus year old loser.

PixelPerfectSoftworks
Lakeport, California, United States #680955
@modelcitizen2

In response to modelcitizen2 and her review from Dec 29,2012.

This is Lawrence Jernigan of Pixel Perfect Softworks. PPS has been in business since 1996 and I have never misrepresented myself or the work done by my company. PPS has helped hundreds of customers and only about 1% are dissatisfied with my services and this is average for every business. You can't make everyone happy. I work hard to try to make everyone happy and do my best to fulfill their expectations.

I will not respond to personal insults.

View more comments (5)
Pensacola, Florida
Review #178189 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Contact Pixel Perfect Softworks Customer Service